Skip to main content

Term employment eligibility

Applicants for temporary and student term positions must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit. Document(s) must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided).  Work permit(s) must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.

For information on employment eligibility documentation and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) processing times, please visit the IRCC website.