We work to reduce our impact on air quality by:
- reducing energy use
- adding cost-effective emission controls
- improving our ability to detect and repair fugitive emissions sources
- applying best practices and procedures to reduce emissions
- investing in fuel reformulation
Across our operations, our goal is to reduce flaring through improved operating practices and, where appropriate, by installing equipment to avoid operating conditions that lead to flaring. Reducing flaring helps prevent the loss of energy and decreases emissions including Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions.
Solution gas refers to the natural gas that is produced in association with crude oil and bitumen operations. As a result of steps taken to conserve solution gas, Imperial recovers over 99 percent of the solution gas produced for all of our operations.
Read more about Imperial’s efforts to protect air quality in the most recent Corporate Citizenship Report:
- Protecting Air Quality pg. 7
- P&GA to link to CCR – in focus – Energy Efficient QP campus pg. 5
- P&GA to link to CCR – NOx, SOx emissions and VOC graph pg. 7