The various committees of the board routinely oversee and review business and corporate citizenship issues:
- environment, health and safety committee reviews overall environment, health and safety performance and monitors compliance with regulatory and company standards
- audit committee oversees the work of internal and external auditors and reviews adequacy of internal controls and financial statements
- executive resources committee reviews senior management remuneration and the company's executive development system
- nominations and corporate governance committee considers the nomination of directors and oversees issues of corporate governance
- contributions committee oversees all of the company’s community investment activities
The board appoints board members to each committee, including the committee chair. Members are selected for a specific committee based on their expertise and experience.